Regular checkups throughout childhood help you and your child's pediatric provider monitor growth and development, and allow you to address any small medical concerns before they become larger issues. Novant Health Pediatrics South Ballantyne offers well-child care for children from birth through college. Our providers typically see children at the following ages:
- A few days after hospital discharge
- Two weeks
- One month
- Two months
- Four months
- Six months
- Nine months
- One year
- 15 months
- 18 months
- Two years
- 2.5 years
- Annually starting at three years
If your child's provider has any special concerns, more frequent visits might be recommended.
A well-child checkup typically includes:
- Checks of height and weight.
- Monitoring of heart and lung function.
- Examination of the eyes, ears, nose and throat.
- A visual examination of the skin.
- Administration of any necessary vaccines.
- Time to discuss any concerns related to health or development.
If it is time for your child to have a well-child checkup, call our office or schedule online using MyChart.